Corian Countertop Care
THINGS TO DO
- Soak a soft sponge or cloth in warm soapy water to mop the Corian countertop.
- Detergent should be mild, ammonia-based or meant for Corian or similar materials.
- Once it looks clean, wipe the countertop with dry cloth.
- Blot the area with a paper towel or soft cloth immediately without allowing it to spread.
- Flush the spill with lukewarm water and detergent.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry the area with a soft cloth.
Removing Difficult Stains
- Make a diluted bleach solution, with 5 tablespoons of chlorine bleach in a gallon of water.
- Wear rubber gloves when using it to wipe the countertop.
- Rinse with water. Dry it up with soft cloth.
THINGS TO AVOID
- Use of glass cleaners is a strict no-no for countertops; they can leave behind a residue.
- Do not keep hot cookware over Corian countertops directly.
THINGS TO KNOW
- Countertops in light shades do not show scratches easily, as compared to darker ones. If you do not want to visible marks, go for light-colored ones.